Join us on Facebook
Loch Awe

Episcopal Church

St. James's Episcopal Church, Ardbrecknish

episcopalchurch.jpgAll denominations welcome
Services are every third Sunday of each month at 3pm and are taken by The Very Revd Nicki McNelly, The Provost of St. John's Cathedral, Oban.

Consecrated on 8 August 1891, St. James's Church was built and endowed by Colonel James Thorpe of Ardbrecknish, a Lincolnshire squire who married an Argyll lady, Anne MacDougall of Lunga. Their son, Major John Thorpe, Scots Guards, who built the nearby Parsonage in 1912 with money from the endowment fund, was killed in 1916 during the First World War.

Hon. Secretary: Jon Strickland, Keppochan Farm House, Cladich, Dalmally, Argyll, PA33 1BQ.  Tel: (01866) 833287
jon@cladich-argyll.co.uk

Design by Pole Position